Like a fine wine, we're just better with age. Hmm. What?

With age comes wisdom.

With age comes contentment.

With age comes the 'it is what it is' attitude.

With age comes facial hair. What?

Yes. Also, grey hairs. 

Yes. Also, hormone changes.

Yes. Also, sun spots.

Two words- Weight Mangagment. 

Let's back up to facial hair. I mean, what. is. that!? And why, is it black? I mean, can we say, whhhhyyyy tho!?!

I am grateful that I'm coming into the stage of 'contentment' but, the struggle is real y'all.
Grey hair... I have a name for every single one of you gems... Thank God for hairdressers, and they thank God for you!

Let's move along to the hormones. And don't tell me I don't know... because I do.
For 10 years I do. But no one said it would last 10 years. So, not only did I get to start the 'change of life' at 24, but I also, get to experience it for 20 years longer than most my age. Well, that's super fun.

Sun spots. And please don't use the phrase 'they are where the sun kissed you' no... no... no! It's where the sun almost killed you. (okay, that might a slight exaggeration) But- Seriously, if you are between 11 and ohhhh 27 years old, STOP sun bathing. Seriously. I am out in the sun, but I use the amazing invention called SPF. If you don't use it anywhere else, put it all up in yo' face! I'm not even playing. It's not enough that skin cancer is so much more common nowadays, but those sun spots! Oh my cow.. there is no foundation without looking like you have on foundation- out there, to cover that up!





This is where the 'is what it is' statement comes in. Which, by the way, is my least favorite statement. But, it seems to be appropriate nonetheless.
It's time to embrace what's happening. 
Get your hair colored, or embrace the grey's-whatever floats your boat.
Don't go broke on the expensive creams, I've paved the way, they don't work. (they might fade it.. but the spots are there as a reminder of the sun baking you did)

Hormone changes are a part of life people... 'it just is what (ever) that is'
The facial hair, pluck them, even though they'll come back.

And as far as my last point.. wouldn't it be amazing if we could just be put in the dryer for 10 minutes and come out wrinkle free and 3 sizes smaller?
Yea, that can't happen, so instead, put good nutrition in, balance your diet and take care of your temple, because we only get this one body.

because....

At the end of the day, growing old(er) is a privilege denied by many. So enjoy every single stage, of every single age.


xo-
Misty



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)