Here's to Twenty Sixteen

New Years Resolutions..... Yo'

I threw the slang in there just to make you wonder, "what could the rest of the blog possibly be like?"

I love reading people's opinions on resolutions. Anywhere from "why wait until new year" to "I make them every year and never follow through".

We're all there. It's the "New year, new me" Only you can't help but think, seriously, that's so cliche'.

For so many people it works. And that's totally cool. You know why? Because we give ourselves HOPE.

Hope is everything. 
A hope for a better tomorrow. A hope for a better year. 
On a Side note: For some folks, Christmas is the hardest holiday because of the strap of finances. When it should be more glorious because, the celebration of our Lord and Savior!
How awful that some of us are so stressed out, yet we're alive today because the birth of Christ?
We've been there. We were there. This year. I'm just being honest. End Side Note

So the past few years I haven't really done New Years Resolutions, other than saying "this year will be different", I haven't written things down. I haven't told others what they are to help keep me accountable.
I'm doing it different this year. Because next year for the Scott household WILL be different.


  • I'm getting back into my routine of fitness
  • Back to my constant healthy eating habits, none of this here and there junk. 
  • I'm sticking to a budget and being smarter about where we spend.
  • 2016 we will take a family vacation, instead of just talking about it. 
  • I'm going to get my written book to an editor and in the process to be published! (Books can take time, but being on the right path and in motion is key.)


Those are my goals. My Resolutions if you will. Hold me accountable. Send me your goals/Resolutions. Let's do this together.
Just as I recommend an AdvoCare 24 day challenge to be done - pairs/groups. Together, we're better!

As 2015 comes to a close, Daniel and I prayed about our word for the next season, for 2016. As we gave our end of year contribution to where we were being fed most, we trusted it, and we will trust next season. We will trust to give more back. Trust to be greater in His glory. To our friends, to our kids, to each other and to our Church.

I have a few changes coming up, and I am not ready to discuss them publicly yet, but it's coming. And as we prayed for our word, Trust couldn't have been more clear to us.

Don't wait for a miracle, BE the miracle.----- so cliche'? So is everything we say and do, each and every day. So do it, be it, GET it- anyway.

Here's to a New Year, and a New You!


As always,
Misty-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)