A letter to Cindy.

It's been a long time since I sat down to talk to you. I'm ashamed to say I've had my priorities out of order.

Life gets busy, but that's just an excuse, as you know. We always make time for what's important to us. And I haven't made time for you.

You wouldn't believe how much our home town has changed. And I know you saw your momma sold her home where you lived 24 years of your life. I know, I was sad to see it happen too.
So much growth around the desert, so fast pace. I don't miss living there, although I do miss home.

You would just get so many laughs out of the craziness that is social media. It's unreal, really.
However, to be honest, it helps me stay in contact with so many people, but at the same time I lose the grasp of when the last time was that I actually picked up the phone just to chat. You wouldn't like that.
 But you would love Facebook, Snap Chat, Instagram etc... and I know you, you'd have them all.
I get to enjoy watching your nephews grow up thanks to social media. And checking in on your mom, not near as often as I should.
I sure can't wait to visit you when I come back, I'm sure nothing but the landscape has changed there.

I'm sorry it took your anniversary to write you this letter. I look up and another year has flown. I miss your letters, they came often. I still have them all. And now I have the ones I wrote you too. Your mom sent them to me. I cried. It was as if the final chapter had fully been closed.

I know you aren't shocked, but there is still no cure for your disease. There's always something going on to support it. A race to run, someone to donate too. But I don't believe they'll ever have a cure, because then what would we need the medical staff and research for?

I'll keep this letter short and sweet. I love you so much dear friend. Words can't express what you mean to me, even though your gone, we're still a team. (Yes, that would be me singing Puff Daddy lyrics, because I know right now, you're in heaven smiling down- )

One more thing now that I know you're laughing, I never told you enough. You made the world a better place, and you help mold me to who I've become, and for that, I can't wait to hug your neck one day and say thank you.

Cynthia Marie Scorsone.



I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my best friend you'll be.
May 10th 1979- Feb. 25th 2004

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)