I was you, I am you.

The other day I saw a beautiful woman, who was a mother of 3 maybe child 4 with her, was hers too.. but for sure 3 of them. All boys. My heart sank because I knew how blessed she is.

She was yelling at one of them to to wash their hands, glaring at one of them to sit down, all the while a baby was on her hip. The 4th boy, oldest, clearly, sat quietly eating.
Her hair was on top of her head, her sweatpants, probably should have been washed days ago.. her shirt with a brand new splatter of bbq sauce on it. She looked tired. But she was radiant.

I don't know her, and regretfully I don't even know her name. But I was her. I am her. My boys are older, and there are only 3. But I was her once too. One of my 3 is a bonus son, who've I've been blessed with for the last 10 years of his 17 years of life. So he's mine too.

God blessed us with these children y'all. Tired. Exhausted. Trying to fit into a smaller pant size but eating on the go. I know.
As I watched this beautiful woman finally sit down with her boys, I saw the oldest put his food down. I saw even the little one on her hip grab his hands together as they all prayed.
There it was. Tears streaming down my face I knew she was doing it right. Even though, clearly the middle child of sorts picked up a nugget to chunk it at the oldest right as they said amen.. I knew she was doing the best she could at raising these boys to love our God.

As I closed on Christmas last night I thought of this moment in my life at Chick Fil A just the other day.
As my boys told me about their weekend, and as my oldest (our middle child if you will) told me some things I wished hadn't happened to them. I was so proud. I was proud of my boys. All 3 of them.
They didn't have the Christmas I dream about. But they had the Christmas they needed, to be reminded that it's so much bigger than them. Seth watched his younger cousins open gifts on Christmas day, and was reminded what it is really about.

I say all this to remind y'all that, you are tired, yes. You are exhausted, yes. You are beautiful, yes. You are a child of God, yes. And if you are worried about your babies, don't be. God sees your strength. Keep doing what is right, the rest falls into place. Because this is so much bigger than anything you can humanly do.




I love you, Dylan, Seth and Kaden. Yes, I love you too Destiny.
God is so good.






Merry Christmas, and the sweetest of Happy New Years.

xo

Misty 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)