Friends and Jesus

Currently it's pouring rain outside my back door, and the thunder is rolling.
Nothing is better than a Midwest thunderstorm.

One would think that this is the best time to be with your thoughts, be center and concentrate and maybe write some of the best writing you've ever done.

But today, I have so many scattered thoughts, and couldn't be further from being centered if the I was standing at the center of the earth.

So I'm just going to write what's been on my mind lately... and I might be all over the place. I make no apologies, I made the disclaimer above.

I have friends. I have many friends. I have very few I confide in, and even less that I know I could tell anything to.

With that being said, isn't it interesting how you can be facebook friends with someone and not even say hello if you saw them in passing? This day in age is the only time we ever get away with that. And it makes me sad.
We are more connected than ever before, yet so alone than ever before.
I take this to myself. My husband has a very best friend, my close friends have best friends/sisters they grew up with, therefore take priority over my relationship with them. So what's that leave me with?

Jesus.

This leaves an open place for me to become closer and closer to Him. How lucky and blessed am I?

No, I don't have a present human to have coffee with and tell my secrets to, because I'm that person for them. It's not always double sided. Maybe it should be. But we are self minded people, and we forget we're created for relationships.

So have relationships, have many. Be that person for someone. It's okay if you don't have that person, that's your opportunity to be closer to God.

Love yourself, and everything else, will fall into place.

xo,
Misty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)