YogaTime

Down time.

Who has that? Raise your hand if you do... I'd like to chat with ya.
No really... we have to create it don't we? I don't know anyone with just an abundance of free time on their hands. We all lead busy lives. And just like my friend Michelle, I am not a fan of the word 'busy' even though it rings true.



But as I mentioned, we have to create it
I take some down time in the morning. My husband goes to work and I have a little time with Jesus, I prefer it in my backyard with the sunrise. It's the best way to start my day. Spark in one hand, my devotional and Bible in the other with my max snuggled in the chair my feet are on. Just explaining it to you is relaxing me.



Where do you find your down time?
When I posed that question to a couple people recently, their answer was yoga. I was intrigued. Because......
When I was able to leave corporate America to be at home, my good friend Deon and I did a free trial at a pretty awesome place in Norman for yoga. It was great, don't read me wrong. But it's a drive there... (time) it was a cost, and most of all, we couldn't find where our schedule would allow time for it.
Personally attempting some of the yoga moves put more stress on me than yoga took away. (Some parts just don't move that way.) But I have always loved the idea of it.




My long time friend Natalie text me just last week and told me about an app she just help fund, and she was able to invite a friend for free. And she picked me! I was so grateful!
I loaded it and got logged in and browsed around a bit on the site. Super nifty. More so because I could do yoga, where. ever. I. wanted. Sign me up!

I just had to make time.
Today, I did. And tomorrow I will. What a beautiful thing. No judgement. I can practice in my home, on my mat and I did yoga. Ahhh...

**Pictures are reenacted for the sake of blogging purposes.**
Natalie, THANK you.
Y'all go check it out and try out a 3 day free trial on this brand new site HERE. (The app will be available in your market place soon).

Here are my beginning yoga stages. In a few months, I'll be back with an update.

This is my favorite pose right now. Childs pose. Where the tension from my back is released, and also because I'm the most un-flexible person I ever knew.

You can help keep me accountable and check back- My goals are to help alleviate back and shoulder pain, to become more aware and calm. Flexibility will come in time with those accomplishments. I'm looking forward to this down time for myself.


As always, thank you for reading and supporting me!
Misty Rayne
xo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)