Inner fat girl, from the inside-out.

Did you ever hear the phrase when you were growing up 'You have to be pretty on the inside to be pretty on the outside?'

Holds true. Because you can be a drop dead gorgeous super model and still be a really ugly person, if you don't have a good heart.

So how do you get a good heart? You know, we all have hearts, with the potential to be good.
There is so much evil in the world, sometimes our hearts don't stay pure, and they get drug through the mud from time to time, from break ups, from poison and sometimes just rough times.
It can all take a huge toll on us. So how do you keep your heart good?

I wish someone had wrote this years ago, but maybe I wouldn't be who I am today if I had already known. But for me, it's scripture.
I wasn't always like I am now. Just Facebook stalk me & see for yourself. It's fine if you do. I leave up old pictures for THAT sole reason anyway. I have nothing to hide. I've come a long way, and I am fine with where I came from, because it taught me everything to be where I am now.

I feel like I'm writing in circles now, and this post has become way more on the serious side.
If you know me at all yet, I try to lighten it up, I swear I'm funny.... like, Chandler Bing funny though, not for real funny. Only awkward.

But the point of this is, your inner fat girl. As my previous post stated, I like ice cream. Oh wait. No, I love ice cream. And it's officially June, I'll except birthday gifts now. (Rocky Road remember)

We're going to take this up a notch... you cannot starve your inner fat girl, just as you cannot starve your heart.
Your heart needs fed. Growth.
Your inner fat girl needs cheat meals. Because we all know if we've dieted, you cannot win the day with your diet, if you are depriving yourself of delicious treats. We have to have them or we fail.
The same holds true for our heart. You cannot deprive yourself of spiritual growth.

Start with a devotional book.
I've learned so much on where books are in the bible because I've had to look up scripture from my devotional each morning. And I've gifted so many "Jesus calling" devotionals, because I believe in growth.

The difference in your inner fat girl (aka cheat meals) and your heart being fed, is you don't cheat your heart. It does nothing but an injustice for you.

The last 2 years for me have been giving Grace to people that don't deserve it in most others eyes.
But yet, one sin is not different than another. Even if you do have the right to be angry.

I'm not going to get off topic, I told myself 10 times.
Start somewhere and start fattening up that inner fat girl, with books, and Jesus.
Growth equals change.
And Change is good.

Be the light. Speak Truth, and see your world forever changed.

xo
Misty Rayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)