Pursuing the Pull

I've been listening to one of my favorite authors on podcasts the past couple days.

I'm almost finished reading his 3rd published book.
The first one I read by Steven Furtick is Sun Stand Still. Changed. My. World. I am going to re-read it when I get more on my reading list accomplished. It came in my life at a time it was needed (love it when that happens) we were going through the court battle number 1. And it allowed me to forgive those who were currently attacking me.

The second one I read by him is Greater >. I think I took advantage of this one, and read it so fast because I had another book lined right up. I do know it's taught me to always be Greater in all we do in life. Our God, IS Greater, and you are a child of Him alone.

His third book, and what I'm currently reading has inspired 3 blog posts you've read of mine. It's so needed in this busy life we lead. Crash the Chatterbox. Hearing God's voice above all others.
That alone should tell you, you need to read that book! It's been phenominal thus far.

As if that wasn't enough, Pastor Steven's sermons are on Podcasts.
It isn't enough to attend church on Sunday morning. Some of us attend church Sunday evening and Wednesday evening as well. But that doesn't make you a Christian. It certainly helps, don't think for a second I'm dissing on that. I for one have missed church on Sunday morning before, and that's the only day our church has service. (with the exception of mid week groups we have during semesters in Fall and Spring). But it's not enough. You need everyday.

I didn't begin that way. It was a slow process actually. But it all started with the decision to start. I'm sure I've blogged this before but I know that some of us take several convictions to really know, or understand. I personally sometimes have to SEE things to really get it. (We'll be coming back to seeing shortly).
I started in the morning reading my devotional Jesus Calling. And that was all. I prayed. But nothing like I've learned now.
The 2nd year, (which we're in now) I read scripture from it. And most mornings I continue to read into the bible more and more. Then I began finding sermons. Dabbling in more social media to find something streaming. Ever just get hungry for the word?!? That's where I am. Which leads me into my whole point for writing this post. Pursuing the Pull.
That was yesterday's podcast for Pastor Steven Furtick. (I highly suggest you download the app and get his podcasts).

The scripture was in Mark 5:21. Read it. I am not going to write it, because that is my homework for YOU reading this. Take a minute, right now, read it. I'll wait.

Waiting.....

Waiting.....

Waiting..................

Please comment on my facebook and let me know you took the time to read the scripture. And then I will post part 2 of "Pursuing the Pull".


This isn't a game. I'm here to HELP YOU!

xo
Misty Rayne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can we talk about friends?

Plant base

sur·ren·der (it's a verb)